Friday, March 27, 2009

An Etsy Update, and present for Moi !!!!!


I put two adoreable lil pincushion girls on ETSY today~ they're so sweet~ I think I am addicted to them! My last customer had a wonderful idea, and has ordered one to hold her antique lapel pins on her dresser~ I think this is a wonderful idea, and the little space in the base could easily hold your earrings or rings

And....look what my DH bought me for our 17th wedding anniversary coming up in April~ I have always loved birds....not only my turkeys, geese, ducks and chickens, but when I was little my parents gave me a set of black mask lovebirds for my birthday one year. I just fell in love with these little creatures the moment I set my eyes on them
They are budgerigar birds~ or parakeets as so many call them. I believe they are a dilute greywing type~ they are the most beautiful pastel powder blue color. They are just babies, so don't know yet if I have males or females~ but I don't really care. I don't plan on teaching them to talk, just want them to be my buddies, and LOVE to hear them sing. I have named them 'Precious' & 'Peri' (as in an ocean pier, with an i on the end). For now this little cage is their home, but am looking for a neat old looking bigger one on a stand so I can move them around with me~ Aren't I just the luckiest girl!

4 comments:

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

These little gals are precious!

Julie said...

Yes Rachael you are, and I think Percious and Peri' are lucky to have you. Julie p.s I love those pincushion dolls.

Heather said...

Arent they the sweetest? Hehe, I talked my husband into getting us my precious Henry dog for our anniversary last fall :) Animals make great aniversary gifts!

Your dolls are so sweet too, what a great idea! pretty and useful!

Suzanne said...

Awww, they are so sweet. What a great anniversary gift! Happy 17th!
Your pincushion dolls are so clever!