Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mommy Scouts.....

I Love Being a Mommy...

   There is no greater joy in the world for me than being a Mother...absolutely nothing compares!  I just had to share this little sticky Pip left me this weekend~ it was on my desk Sundaye morning.... it reads

 'For Mommy Scouts~ I am going to try to thred my needle today, love Pip'   

 It just thrilled me to death and its already made its way to the  'Mommy Box' where special little notes and things the kids make me go.   Every Sunday I have 'Mommy Scouts' with Emma & Pip. It lasts around 2 hours, and we start off discussing history of a close Holiday, or sometimes they pick an object in one of the Museum cases and we talk about it...then its on to their sewing, or gardening,  and we end with baking a snack or something special.  Currently I am teaching them how to cross stitch, and they are each working on a little bookmark. For Pip, the most challenging thing is threading her needle. If she makes a mistake in her stitches, I make her rip them back out, so she ends up spending the majority of her time threading that needle!
   At the rate we are going, it will take quite a few Sundayes to finish her little ducky on her bookmark, but like me I guess, she already has bigger plans~ she loves one of my Spring Punkins and has asked me to chart her out to stitch~ that would be kind of fun actually :)  She is in 2nd grade and still makes some of her letters backwards...I wish they would just stay little forever!
 Here is Ladye Strawberry Banke, ready for Spring to sprout new little strawberry blossoms.  She is one of Pip's favorites.   I bet you didn't realize Punkins love strawberries!
 

2 comments:

Anita said...

These are precious days for you...The great thing about them growing up is that you get grandchildren...I'm teaching my grandson to sew now...

Barbara Brown said...

If you guys were closer, we could have a "Grandma Scouts" and they could learn how to knit and crochet and make baskets and make quilts (little bitty ones)and bead necklaces and bracelets and cook wonderful things with lots of cream and cream cheese and butter and go fishing all summer!! :-)
Love you, Mom
Ps
Oh yes, and learn, right along with me, my new hobby.....Brazilian Embroidery! :-)