Friday, April 18, 2014

Tufted Silk Linings

Fit For a Royal
  I am in l*o*v*e with the eggplant purple silk lining I choose for the inside of my mirror case!  I chose a hand made marbled paper to match and have completed the cavity the mirror will set into. Case is all papered with 24k gold gilt edges and bunn feet~ I could totally see this on a little Princess's dressing table.
I know of one original case that has a single compartment to one side for rings, but I chose to keep mine plain and lightly tufted the silk lining~ there is a lot of space in here! Myladye would have perhaps kept a carved double edge comb within, to gaze upon her reflection whilst combing out her pretty hair.  If you would like to make a case, I am currently still making them~ they are for sale on the Diamond K Folk Art Shop blog~ link to the right. Go check it out~ all finishing instructions are included for a beaded case, including the beadwork instruction! yes!!  You will have access to the blog for as long as you like to totally work at your own pace. Don't miss all the fun now :)

No comments: