Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Custom Stumpwork Figures for Door'd Mirror

 I just shipped another set of figures for the Thistle Threads Door'd Mirror and just had to share them ~ they came out so cunning I love them!  Instead of requesting the generic King & Queen, the buyer requested they be painted to resemble her & her soon to be hubby.... (Congratulations Leslie Ann! ). So instead of my normal palette of browns for the bows and eyes, I painted them up in shaded greys
 I think I  prefer the grey palette! Does not the King look far more Noble and Handsome in his aged distinction?
 And a precious blushing bride~ her eyes just sparkle with excitement!

 These figures are by far the most challenging little wee ones to sculpt~ their entire heads are smaller than my thumbnail. Even so, I do my best to breathe life and spirit into each and every one~ and not only what I have a vision of, but more importantly, what my customer envisions.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Oh they are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Brilliant as always Rachael, I love mine....I am close to being grey but not just yet!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them!! And I love the ones you made for me, too! The mirror is coming along slowly, but I don't want to rush it or it may not be good enough for these dollies!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished mirror. These are stunning! I love your work.....